Beachwood, OH 44122 US
Everstaff is seeking an Accounting Specialist to support the daily operations of our client’s Accounting and Finance department. This position is full-time and reports to the Managing Director of Finance.
- Performs accounting for daily activity including investments.
- Prepares periodic financial reports for endowment funds, charitable trusts and supporting foundations.
- Creates reports for presentation to foundation trustees, and internal financials for inclusion in quarterly reports required by banks.
- Prepares schedules for year-end consolidation and footnotes for external audit.
- Assists with tax preparation.
- Prepares tax returns.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in accounting.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA eligible.
- Experience in public accounting as an auditor or working in accounting with a non-profit organization.
- Experience with tax return preparation, especially Form 990.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Long and short-term disability
401K with company match
Opportunities to volunteer in the community
Team-oriented environment and management that values their employees
If you feel you have the above qualifications, please apply for immediate consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI)
Job Type: Full-time