Construction Engineering Technician
Brunswick, OH 44212 US
- Performing construction engineering services related to earthwork, concrete, asphalt, and utility construction.
- Perform computations, plot data, draw simple curves and graphs, and assist engineers in the field during soil and materials investigations.
- Ensures that job site tests/observations, including quality control, quality assurance, and verifications, are conducted in accordance with standard test/observation methods, project specifications, and contract documents.
- Perform laboratory testing and observation of soils, concrete, and asphalt.
- Verify plan quantities and calculations as bid plans and preparing and maintaining project records and reports.
- Knowledge of engineering, construction, testing, and inspection principles, as well as materials and lab testing and standard testing and observation methods.
- Familiarity with construction or engineering services in the local area is beneficial.
- Strong skills in performing quality control initiatives, testing performance, and lab reporting are required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical school or community college graduate, with an associate degree in a related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of construction inspection and testing experience.
- Certifications such as ACI Grade I, DOT Asphalt Tech, NICET Level II Soils, ICC Special inspections, and/or CWI/NDT inspectors is preferred.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record are required.