IT Support Technician
Conneaut, OH 44030 US
We are seeking a skilled and motivated IT Support Technician for our client in Conneaut! The IT Support Technician will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the organization's IT infrastructure, providing technical assistance to employees, and resolving a wide range of technology-related issues.
- Respond to and resolve IT support tickets from employees, addressing hardware, software, network, and other technology-related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide technical expertise and guidance on IT-related projects and initiatives.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of local area networks (LANs), ensuring connectivity, security, and optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot network problems, including connectivity, firewall, and VPN issues.
- Provide technical support for video conferencing systems, audiovisual equipment, and other communication tools.
- Maintain accurate records of IT support activities, including issue resolution and inventory management.
- Assist in software and application deployment, updates, and license management.
- Educate and guide users in the proper use of technology resources and tools.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and actively contribute to IT knowledge base resources.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support as needed.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Proven experience as an IT Support Technician or in a similar technical role.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and network issues.
- Familiarity with operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux) and productivity software (Microsoft Office, G Suite, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) and remote support tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a focus on providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a methodical approach to troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and other IT management tools is a plus.
- Relevant certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, or Microsoft Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate is advantageous.
- Physical ability to lift and move computer equipment when necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI).