We are seeking an experienced, reliable Legal Assistant for a reputable law firm in the Northbrook, IL area!
In this position, you will work alongside our attorneys and work on trial preparation. Your job duties include performing relevant legal research, preparing legal documents and redlines, drafting correspondence, and organizing and maintaining the office’s filing system. On a daily basis, you will also be responsible for general administrative tasks, such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, scheduling meetings, and ordering office supplies.
Salary: $60,000/year based on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k
- Perform relevant legal research for active cases
- Prepare the first drafts of memos and other legal documents
- Create detailed spreadsheets and presentations
- Draft correspondence
- Answer phones and take messages
- Schedule appointments and maintain a detailed calendar
- Maintain and organize files; update files with case status and information
- Monitor office supply inventory and order more when necessar
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred
- 1+ years of experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary
- Strong word processing skills - At least 70 wpm typing speed
- Experience with dictation from a devise - preferrred
- Familiarity with legal procedures and terminology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Qualified candidates, please submit for immediate consideration!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI)