Raleigh, NC 27612 US
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Litigation Paralegal for our client in Raleigh! The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in supporting attorneys by conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, and assisting in various aspects of case management.
- Conduct thorough legal research using various resources to support attorneys in case preparation and strategy development.
- Draft and prepare legal documents, including pleadings, motions, contracts, agreements, and other correspondence, under the guidance of attorneys.
- Organize and maintain case files, documents, and records to ensure easy retrieval and accessibility for attorneys.
- Assist in the preparation of trial materials, exhibits, and presentations.
- Liaise with clients, witnesses, and opposing counsel to gather information, schedule meetings, and manage communication.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, depositions, hearings, and court appearances, managing calendars for assigned attorneys.
- Assist in the review of documents, contracts, and agreements to identify relevant information and potential issues.
- Prepare and submit legal documents for filing with courts, government agencies, and other relevant entities.
- Collaborate with attorneys to provide administrative support, such as managing email communication, drafting correspondence, and maintaining billing records.
- Stay current with legal trends, regulations, and changes that may impact cases or client interests.
- Assist in the preparation of legal presentations and training materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed to contribute to the overall efficiency of the legal department.
- Associate's degree in Paralegal Studies or a related field; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Paralegal certification from an accredited institution is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Paralegal in a law firm, corporate legal department, or similar setting.
- Strong understanding of legal terminology, procedures, and principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using legal software and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in work.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective client and team communication.
- Ethical and discreet, maintaining strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and take on new responsibilities as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI).