Perry, OH 44081 US
EverStaff, a specialized recruiting firm, is actively searching for potential candidates for Direct Hire positions with one of our top clients. These positions entail direct employment with the client that offers exceptional work culture, benefits, PTO, and growth potential.
The Logistics Coordinator directs the movement of incoming and outgoing material shipments to ensure the highest quality and efficiency. Controls flow of inbound and outbound trucks to achieve customer satisfaction and on time departure of all trucks. Responsible for coordinating pickup of all inbound shipments from suppliers, coordinating the movement of all trucks on-site, printing and signing Bills of Lading, and ensuring accurate scale weights of all trucks. Serve as the Logistics Manager and fulfill their roles and responsibilities in their absence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track all purchased steel and coordinate logistics to ensure due in material arrives on time to meet customer demand.
- Balance speed with cost while maintaining a focus on safety.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and OSHA regulations.
- Communicate with and direct all trucks to ensure accurate light and heavy weights.
- Notify and reconcile any discrepancies between Bill of Lading and scale weights that are more than 1% of shipment weight.
- Manage communications between Traffic Department, Shipping Department and drivers.
- Monitor ELD (Electronic Logging Device) compliance and on-road performance of all company drivers.
- Manage the dispatching of customer shipments for on-time delivery.
- Prepare, print and manage the proper workflow of Bill of Ladings and other required shipping documents.
- Notify sales personnel of shipment status changes, breakdowns or similar on-road incidents that would impact customer satisfaction.
- Review daily shipping and receiving schedules for all outbound and inbound shipments to ensure all loads are covered.
- Act in a friendly, professional manner when interacting with drivers and all support staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-year dispatching experience (preferred).
- Knowledge of DOT regulations, OSHA regulations and related safety training.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and awareness.
- Organized with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Self-directed, reliable, strong initiative, and biased for action.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
Duties are primarily performed while sitting at a desk or computer terminal. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and listen. The employee is frequently required to type and move between offices. Must be able to hear incoming radio calls, clearly speak directions via handheld and CB radios, and read from a computer screen.
If you feel you have the above qualifications, please apply for immediate consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI)