Charlotte, NC 28277 US
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Pre-Litigation Paralegal for our client in Charlotte! As a Pre-Litigation Paralegal, you will play a crucial role in supporting the attorneys by conducting comprehensive research, organizing case materials, and facilitating the initial phases of legal proceedings.
- Conduct thorough research to gather relevant information and evidence pertinent to pre-litigation cases.
- Assist in the preparation of legal documents, including correspondence, demand letters, and settlement agreements.
- Collaborate with attorneys to develop case strategies and evaluate potential legal claims.
- Organize and maintain case files, ensuring all documents and records are up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, and relevant parties to collect information and statements.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing legal documents, such as complaints, petitions, and motions.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings, and depositions with clients, experts, and opposing counsel.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and legal precedents.
- Prepare case summaries, timelines, and reports for attorneys to facilitate case assessment.
- Provide administrative support, including managing calendars, tracking deadlines, and maintaining billing records.
- Conduct factual investigations and interview witnesses to gather additional case information.
- Assist in managing and responding to client inquiries and concerns professionally and promptly.
- Collaborate with other paralegals and legal professionals to streamline processes and share best practices.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proven experience as a Pre-Litigation Paralegal or similar role within a legal setting.
- Strong understanding of legal procedures, regulations, and documentation.
- Proficiency in legal research, document drafting, and case management software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong multitasking capabilities and the capacity to manage multiple cases simultaneously.
- High level of professionalism, ethics, and discretion.
- Knowledge of personal injury, medical malpractice, or other relevant areas of law is a plus.
- Certification from a recognized paralegal program or association is advantageous.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI).