Tallmadge, OH 44240 US
- Manage and process Workers' Compensation claims and files, including representing the company at hearings as necessary.
- Act as the lead for all compliance inspections, including OSHA, Fire, and EPA inspections.
- Investigate workplace accidents and develop effective countermeasures to prevent future incidents.
- Maintain OSHA recordkeeping requirements and safety training records.
- Coordinate compliance tests such as Medical Clearances, Hearing Tests, and Air and Noise monitoring.
- Ensure the availability of safety supplies and provide appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees.
- Generate monthly accident and safety assessment reports for management review.
- Conduct safety training classes to educate employees on best practices and safety protocols.
- Lead the Safety Committee to foster a culture of safety within the organization.
- Assist with new employee orientations and ensure they receive proper safety training.
- Issue disciplinary warnings and provide guidance to employees as needed.
- Provide general HR support and backup to the HR Department as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and compassionate listening skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- 2+ years of EHS or equivalent experience preferred; Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant certifications are preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in Workers' Compensation knowledge and management is preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Primarily office-based work, with occasional visits to the shop floor environment.
- Up to 60% of work may take place in a shop floor setting with exposure to noise, dust, operating machinery, and high traffic volume.