Security Network Engineer
Cleveland, OH 44313 US
Network Security Design and Implementation:
- Design, configure, and deploy network security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), VPNs, and access control policies.
Implement security best practices to protect the organization's network infrastructure from cyber threats.
Security Incident Response:
- Develop and maintain incident response plans, and actively participate in security incident investigations and resolution.
Identify and analyze security breaches, vulnerabilities, and threats, and take appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
Security Policy Development:
- Collaborate with the security team to establish and enforce network security policies, procedures, and standards.
Conduct security audits and assessments to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Network Monitoring and Analysis:
- Monitor network traffic for suspicious activities and security breaches.
Conduct ongoing analysis of security threats and vulnerabilities, and implement measures to address them.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify weaknesses in the network infrastructure.
Coordinate remediation efforts and track progress on vulnerability resolution.
Security Awareness and Training:
- Develop and deliver security awareness training for employees to promote a culture of security within the organization.
Stay updated on emerging security threats and trends, and share knowledge with the team.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed documentation of network security configurations, incident reports, and security procedures.
Generate regular reports on security metrics, incidents, and compliance status for management and stakeholders.
Collaboration and Support:
- Work closely with IT teams, system administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure the security of network devices and systems.
Provide technical support during security incidents and assist in recovery efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- A Master's degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CCNP Security, CEH) is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Network Security Engineer or in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of network security principles, technologies, and best practices.
- Hands-on experience with firewall platforms, intrusion detection/prevention systems, VPNs, and security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Proficiency in network protocols, routing, and switching.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex network security issues.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001).
- Commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest security threats and solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.