Akron, OH 44313 US
Serve as the initial point of contact for multiple local businesses, responsible for safeguarding critical systems and assets, devising solutions, implementing new hardware and software, delivering training, and contributing to the development of the overarching IT strategy. The role entails a range of duties, including tackling challenging assignments, spearheading initiatives, and being held accountable for achieving desired outcomes.
- Provide comprehensive support for various business needs, encompassing PC/LAN, Scanners, Printers, Servers, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VMware, Windows operating systems, and related hardware/software.
- Monitor and optimize network performance, assessing factors such as availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Maintain internal infrastructure components, including laptops, desktops, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, and security updates, while also overseeing internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Ensure network security and connectivity by conducting vulnerability assessments, developing corrective action plans, and implementing necessary modifications.
- Install, configure, test, and potentially modify various network technologies.
- Take responsibility for the prompt resolution of escalated network and server incidents reported by staff.
- Document, track, monitor, and communicate network incidents in compliance with IT Policies & Procedures.
- Possess knowledge of configuring switches, routers, firewalls, and access points.
- Demonstrate experience in upgrading equipment within a production environment.
- Exhibit familiarity with networking concepts, including IPv4, Switching/Layer 2, Layer 3, Wireless LAN technologies, and VLANs.
- Engage in reviewing firewall configurations, identifying security vulnerabilities, and working with key IT networking systems such as VMware, Dell EMC, Cisco, HP, Fortigate, SQL Server, Veeam, VPN technologies, and Exchange (O365).
- Collaborate with business customers and adapt to evolving environments, including providing on-call coverage when required.
- Operate independently, taking corrective actions or escalating incidents as appropriate to ensure timely recovery with minimal disruption to customers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, customer service-focused environment.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a knack for effective collaboration and partnership.
- In summary, this role involves serving as the primary liaison for multiple local businesses, with a focus on safeguarding critical IT systems, implementing solutions, and contributing to IT strategy development. It requires technical expertise in various hardware and software components, network management, and a strong commitment to customer service and collaboration.